Sunday 13 November 2011

UNICEF

Using UNICEF as the first topic in Year 7 Spanish

I decided 3 years ago that if I wanted to improve the uptake of GCSE in the school I would have to make it more interesting.  I began by asking the year 7 groups that year to tell me what they would like to learn about.  1st choice - food, 2nd choice - can we watch a film . 

I started tweaking the SoW to allow more flexibilty.  The groups were really engaged and I didn't hear any comments about "this is boring", "I hate Spanish".

I decided to begin the following year by skipping out the topic: Pencil case items and designed a short topic based on "The Rights of the Child"

I have attached a copy of the SoW & a couple of PPT.
We had 1 lesson per week in y7.





Please feel free to use anything here, I would love to hear from you if you found it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment